For me, June always signals the start of summer. School is out and summer is here! It seems to guide most of my bullet journal June ideas too!
The great thing about the summer vibe and June bullet journal ideas is that there are tons of different directions to go in! A lot of them are full of options for bright colors which happen to be my favorites.
This month, I’m sharing a ton of my favorite bullet journal themes for June and the summer months. At the bottom of the post you can also find a free printable June cover page with a lemon theme!
If you’re looking for the full June printable bullet journal theme, visit the printable shop.
JUNE BULLET JOURNAL IDEAS & PRINTABLE
If you use your bullet journal as a creative outlet, then these theme ideas should be a great way to jumpstart your creativity this month.
Before choosing a theme, I’ve got some tips for adding cute, fun, and color to your bullet journal. These tips work for any month of the year, but especially for warmer months of the year. As the weather warms up, the world screams color!
WAYS TO MAKE JUNE BULLET JOURNAL COVER FUN
If you follow my YouTube channel, you’ll notice I have been playing around with sticker sets as a guiding force for my journal layouts.
Stickers are a great way to add a cute factor to your planner pages. They can guide your theme based on their shapes and their colors.
I’ve been using the Carpe Diem Planner Essentials Seasons Sticker Tablet which has worked very well. It’s available in two different sizes. The mini size coordinates with the full size for extra stickers that work well in different layouts.
You can buy them here:
- Carpe Diem Planner Essentials Seasons Sticker Tablet
- Carpe Diem Planner Essentials Seasons Mini Sticker Tablet
In the past, I’ve also used stamps to guide my themes. I actually recently ordered two new stamp sets so I will definitely be showing them off soon!
You can find stamp sets in almost any theme that calls to you. Then you can add your own colors to them!
Don’t be afraid of colors! If you’re having trouble choosing a theme for your June bullet journal, let the color guide you!
What colors call to you this month? Make a list of them and then think about which theme ideas might go along with those colors!
Washi tape can be used in so many different ways in your journal. You can use it to accent your layouts or to create entire cover pages!
If you find a washi tape that you love, let it lead you!
KEEP IT SIMPLE
When in doubt, I always encourage you to keep it simple. You can draw basic calendars and layouts. Then go back in with colors, stickers, or even add in some simple doodles.
30+ JUNE BULLET JOURNAL IDEAS
- Rainbows – Summer makes me think of bright colors and rainbows are always good. June is also Pride Month and another reason why rainbows often come into play in my layouts.
- Lemons & Lemonade – Citrus is a great theme for June! At the bottom of this post, you’ll find a free printable June cover page featuring a lemon theme!
- Watermelon – This is one of my favorite things about summer and the colors are just perfect with pinks, reds, and greens!
- Ice Cream/Ice Cream Truck
- Beach – All things beach is a fun way to celebrate the start of summer.
- Sea Shells
- Sunshine – This theme can go along with rainbows and other nice weather doodles, but sunshine and shades of yellow are perfect for June.
- Succulents & Cacti – The colors call to me with this theme because of all the shades of green that can be used. Plus all the flowers that can grow easily add pops of colors like pinks and purples.
- Travel – This one has a few different ideas under the general theme. You could focus on things like planes, passports, suitcases, etc. Or you could go with something like a cruise ship theme.
- Fruity Drinks – Whether sitting by the pool or at the beach, there’s nothing like a cold, fruity drink on a hot summer day!
- Balloons – You could do bunches of balloons or even hot air balloons.
- Bees & Honeycomb
- Bubbles – Three ideas come to mind when I think of bubbles. It could be a theme with bubble blowing, bubble gum bubbles, or bubbles under the sea.
- Flamingos – I’ll admit that this is an animal and theme that I love. I cannot doodle a flamingo or I would! If I ever find the perfect sticker or stamp set, I will have a flamingo theme!
- Day at the Swimming Pool
- Road Trip – For this one, I picture doodles related to hitting the road but also maybe some roadways drawn in or even make some of the lines look like maps!
- Memories/Photography – For this theme, cameras and polaroid outlines come to mind.
- Fireflies/Lightning Bugs
- Pool Floats – I already mentioned the swimming pool, but I think that pool floaties could be an adorable summer theme all on their own!
- Carnival – The inspiration for this for me was a Ferris wheel, but you could add so many different things like other rides, tickets, cotton candy, balloons, etc.
- Frogs at the pond – My daughter wanted me to add this one. She’s all about frogs these days and had a good point about the colors. I think it could give off a fun summer vibe with green lily pads with colorful flowers!
PRINTABLE JUNE BULLET JOURNAL COVER PAGES
This month, I went with a lemon/lemonade for the full printable bullet journal theme.
Buy your printable June Setup in the shop.
I also created a free printable June cover page set with a similar theme.
Click below to get your free printable in your preferred size.
MORE JUNE BULLET JOURNAL THEMES
If you’re looking for more ideas, here are some others that have been featured on the site in the past: