It seems like one thing we all seem to have our fair share of is stress in our lives. The reason I started bullet journaling was to get more organized. But I also use it as a creative outlet to help reduce my stress levels. Stress relief quotes are actually some of the best quotes to use in your bullet journal spreads!
If you’re looking for the FREE printable wall art featuring these don’t stress quotes, scroll down to the bottom of the post!
STRESS RELIEF QUOTES FOR YOUR BULLET JOURNAL
I also find that writing some of my favorite quotes for stressful times on sticky times helps me a lot. I stick them on the bathroom mirror and read them each day, like affirmations.
Whether you use them in your journal, write them as notes for yourself, or just need some inspiration right now, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite stress relief quotes.
I keep a running list of quotes in one of my extra notebooks so I can always find one when I need one! Check out some of my favorites in the list below!
MOTIVATIONAL & STRESS LESS QUOTES
One of my favorite things right now is saying, “It’s fine. I’m fine. Everything is fine.”
I even have a t-shirt with that quote on it! Click here to check out how cute it is and sorry if you suddenly find yourself needing one!
But I’m working to manager my stress and use my journal as a creative outlet. Here are some of the quotes I’ve jotted down over the past few months.
- Stress is caused by being “here” but wanting to be “there”. -Eckhart Tolle
- You are braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -Christopher Robin
- The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. -William James
- There is more to life than increasing its speed. -Mahatma Gandhi
- For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. -Lily Tomlin
- Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not. -Valerie Bertinelli
- To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time. – Leonard Bernstein
- Stress is an important dragon to slay – or at least tame – in your life. -Marilu Henner
- A year from now, everything you’re stressing about won’t even matter.
- You’re only human. You don’t have to have it together every minute of every day. – Anne Hathaway
- Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax. -Mark Black
- The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule but to schedule your priorities. -Stephen Covey
- The sun will come out tomorrow. -Annie (I’m a musical theater geek. But this makes a great quote for a bullet journal theme!)
- You can do anything—but not everything. -David Allen
- If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved worrying will do you no good. -Shantideva
- Live a good life. More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate. -Roy Bennett
- Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started. -David Allen
- Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it. -Brian Tracy
- Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering. – Winnie the Pooh
- Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. -Brené Brown
- Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace. -Joan Borysenko
- We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. -Dolly Parton
- This too shall pass. -Proverb
Some of these quotes inspire bullet journal theme ideas for me. If any of them talk about nature, they’re perfect to pair with nature related themes like plants, ocean, sky, etc.
And of course, quotes from Winnie the Pooh can inspire an entire theme, if you’re a fan. So you can let the stress relief quotes inspire your journal or hunt for a good quote to add to what you’re already working on.
FUNNY STRESS RELIEF QUOTES
If you’re looking to add a bit of humor into your journal, try one of these don’t stress quotes!
- We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie. -David Mamet
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. – Charles M. Shultz
- Don’t worry, better days are coming and they are called Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year. -David Dweck
- There cannot be a stressful crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger
- Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it. -Lily Tomlin
- Life is stress by definition. -Paul Attanasio
- Stress doesn’t help anything, so live life and party!
- I just give myself permission to suck…I find this hugely liberating. -John Green
Shorter quotes about stress work well on pages like habit trackers, mood trackers, and even on calendar spreads. Longer quotes are great for hand lettering on full pages in your notebook.
MORE QUOTES FOR STRESSFUL TIMES
- People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them. -George Bernard Shaw
- Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. – Benjamin Franklin
- How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward. -Spanish proverb
- You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you. -Dan Millman
- Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff. -Robert Eliot
- You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway. -Steve Maraboli
- When you feel overwhelmed, start eliminating all the non-essential things from your life. Clarity brings calm. -Darius Foroux
- Feel what you need to feel and then let it go. Don’t let it consume you. – Dhiman
- A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness. -Albert Einstein
- Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it. -Kahlil Gibran
- More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate. -Roy T. Bennett
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. -Confucius
- Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. -Victor Hugo
- No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself. -Virginia Woolf
- Do what you can, with what you’ve got, where you are. -Theodore Roosevelt
I mentioned that I often use stress relief quotes as affirmations. But there are also some wonderful stress relief affirmations out there and they work perfectly for bullet journals (as well as daily affirmations!)
STRESS RELIEF AFFIRMATIONS
- I am a successful person.
- I believe in myself.
- I will survive.
- I am letting go of all my worries.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am equipped to handle this situation.
- I trust myself to deal with whatever arises.
- Releasing stress is easy.
- One day at a time. One step at a time.
- Everything is going to be okay.
Repeating these affirmations and quotes each day, or focusing your journal on them can help you face challenges. I’ve found that when I focus my thoughts, I can let go of or deal with the things that cause me stress much better.
STRESS FREE QUOTE PRINTABLES
If you like the graphics that have appeared throughout this post, I have turned them into a set of free printable wall art!
They are designed to print 8×10, but if you print them on 8.5×11 paper you will need to trim them to fit the frames!