Learn to love yourself with 30 days of self-love journaling prompts. There are no rules, except to be positive. Give it a try and tell me if it’s helping you in the comments below.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure for more information.
Disclosure: I’m not an expert in self-love.
[This is about to get real, so if you don’t do soppy shit, scroll down] Just a couple days ago, I lost it. My fiance came home from work late and my 10-month old had been screaming all day, for Lord knows what reasons. My house hadn’t been cleaned in a week, and dinner was looking like Hot Pockets and Macaroni.
After an agonizing hour of the silent treatment and my fiance repeatedly asking me what was wrong, I gave it to him. Oh, I let him have it. Mind you, I don’t lose my shit that often anymore. I’ve calmed down in my late-twenties, gazed into a brighter light, and stopped the yelling and self-hate. But that night, I lost it. I screamed with tears rolling down my face. I expressed my desire to leave with an ear piercing pitch. I’m a horrible mom, a terrible wife/girlfriend, and I literally feel psychotic.
I had a very long moment of self-pity and wallowing. What was the first thing I turned to? My bullet journal. It’s the place I go to feel safe and remind myself that it’s not a bad life, just a bad day.
I jotted down some things that make me happy along with a few doodles. Music, working out, family sleepovers in the living room, my pen collection… And it got my crazy little brain going. I started thinking about how good my life really is and all the things I take for granted.
I then decided it was time to take action. I want to resonate self-love; show my two daughters how to be 100% comfortable and confident with themselves.
There are a lot of people that swear by daily positive affirmations. I can’t say I ever got into it. But I do believe that self-reflection and discovery are effective in producing a positive mindset and achieving self-love. So, in an attempt to create more positivity in my life, I created a 30-day self-love through journaling challenge. And now I’m asking you to join me in it.
The rules: Just write to the prompt. This isn’t Language Arts class. You can write one sentence, one paragraph, one page, or a whole book. Just write to the prompt with the objective of staying positive. If you feel like sharing your progress with me, use the hashtag #SelfLoveThroughJournaling on Instagram and tag me, @the.petite.planner.
“The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself”. –Steve Maraboli
Print this [deselect fit to page for A5 size]
Self-Love Journaling Prompts
- What is your favorite personality trait?
- How many people do you think you’ve made smile in your lifetime?
- What would your children/future children say they loved about you?
- What is one thing you look forward to every day?
- Who is your hero, and what makes you two relatable?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Look at your hands. Write something positive about them.
- What does your ‘best day ever’ look like?
- What’s your one word of intention today?
- Today I will/have accomplish(ed)…
- What’s your wildest lifetime goal and how can you achieve it?
- Five things that make me really happy are…
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Write a thank you letter to your body for all it is capable of.
- I forgive myself for…
- What do you look and feel like when you are most confident?
- What is something you do better than your peers?
- Name 5 traits that make you a good person?
- Free Write [positive]
- What do you want more of in your life?
- If you were a flower, what kind would you be?
- What would make your teenage self-proud of you now?
- Describe yourself through the eyes of a loved one.
- List 24 things that make you smile.
- My favorite quote is…
- What does self-love mean to you?
- What positive changes have happened in the last year?
- I deserve happiness because…
- What are 5 things you’re grateful for this week?
- How will you make next month a great month?
I really REALLY hope you guys join me in this monthly journal challenge. I didn’t use to be a huge fan of Instagram [call me strange], but making my bullet journal account has allowed me to connect with so many amazing and unique people from all walks of life. To hear people’s stories, offer an ear and a shoulder, and be a part of their lives in a positive way is more rewarding than I can express. So, if you are on Instagram, please come say hi. Shoot me a DM. Let’s be friends and work to make the human race a little more happy and loving.
Awesome Self-Love Items from Etsy
Want access to all of my printables? Subscribe to my Newsletter and you’ll be able to join the VIP Resource Library with exclusive downloadable content.